This article will guide you on how to get Metamask working on Brave. If you are seeing an everlasting spinner, we'll guide you on how to fix this.
The problem when using Metamask with Brave is that Brave's Web3 functionality gets in the way of Metamask's Web3 functionality. This makes Ethereum transactions not show up on Metamask, which results in the "forever spinner".
This is not an issue with TokenSets itself, but a Brave + Metamask issue where the two are not compatible with each other. This same problem will exist on other DApps if you visit them under the same conditions.
How to fix
In order to fix this issue:
- Open your Brave Menu by clicking the ≡ on the top right of your browser.
- Click "Settings"
- Scroll down to "Extensions"
- Turn OFF "Crypto Wallets"
- Ensure you have the latest version of Brave. You can check by opening your Brave menu and clicking "About Brave". You should see if you're up to date with the latest version or not.
- Restart your Brave Browser.
- Try logging in to TokenSets again and making transactions.
If you have any further problems, reach out to us through Intercom or Discord, and we will be happy to help.
This problem exists because Brave's crypto wallet uses the same injected Web3 pattern, since it uses the same open-source codebase as Metamask under the hood.